The three-day Annual Krishi Unnati Mela is being organised between March 16 and March 18, 2018 at Mela ground, IARI, Pusa, New Delhi
- Hon’ble Prime Minister to address farmers, inaugurate the Jaivik Kheti portal and lay the foundation stone of 25 KVKs on March 17, 2018.
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra
- Krishi Karman Award & Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhaya Krishi Vigyan Protsahan Puruskar awards to be conferred by the Prime Minister.
- Display of agri and allied sector technologies, live demo, theme pavilion etc.
Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi: The Krishi Vigyan Mela (Agriculture Science Fair) was initiated in 1972 and continues to be a highly important annual event of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The objective of the mela is to create awareness about the latest agricultural technological developments and receive feedback from the agricultural community, which helps in designing the Institute’s future research strategy. This mela is organized ever year with a specific theme on a priority area of agricultural research and technology transfer.
Likewise, the Krishi Unnati Mela 2018 is being organized between March 16 and March 18, 2018 at Mela ground, IARI, Pusa, New Delhi. Lakhs of farmers are expected to attend the mela. Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs), State Agriculture Universities (SAUs), state agriculture/horticulture departments, entrepreneurs, private agencies involved in agriculture will also participate in the mela. Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, on March 17, 2018, will address the farmers, agricultural scientists and other participants during the mela. He will inaugurate the Jaivik Kheti portal and will lay the foundation stone of 25 KVKs. He will also confer the Krishi Karman Award & Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhaya Krishi Vigyan Protsahan Puruskar.
Major highlights of the mela:
- More than 800 stalls
- Display of latest Agri & allied sector technologies
- Live Demonstrations on Micro- Irrigation, waste water utilization, Animal Husbandry (Pashudhan) and Fisheries etc.
- Seminars and conferences
Theme Pavilions will also cover:
- Theme pavilion: Doubling Farmers income by 2022
- Jaivik Maha Kumbh- on organic farming
- Sahkar Samelan
- Pavilion for inputs (seeds, fertilizers, pesticides supplying agencies)
- Horticulture/ Dairy, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries
- ICAR/ IARI
- Stalls of Ministry of Textile, Ministry of Food Processing and Industry, Ministry of Commerce and North East Council have also been set up.