Details of action taken by KVKs in Zone V to help the farmers in monsoon preparedness and contingency crop planning
Crop Advisories for Kharif-2014: State-wise Contingency Plan/Measures
Horticultural Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Livestock Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Advisories for Fisheries for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Farm Mechanization: Dos and Don'ts for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Significant weather observations
- Dense/very dense fog (visibility less than 200m) has been observed at isolated places over Punjab, north Rajasthan, Haryana & Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Madhya Pradesh and Tripura during morning hours of today. The visibility recorded at 0830 hours IST (50 m or less) are: Delhi(Palam), Pantnagar, Amritsar, Ganganagar, Ambala, Bhiwani, Chandigarh, Tikamgarh and Damoh.
Main Weather Observations
- Rain/thundershowers has occurred at many places over Tamilnadu & Puduchery and at isolated places over SubHimalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Assam & Meghalaya, Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Kerala. Weather remained dry over rest of the country.
- The amounts of rainfall (1 cm or more) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today are: Thanjavur4; Cuddalore3; Coonoor2; Pudduchery & Pamban1 each.
- Cold wave conditions are prevailing over at isolated places over West Madhya Pradesh and Vidarbha.
- Minimum temperatures are below normal by 25 °C at most places over Himachal Pradesh, East Rajasthan, East Madhya Pradesh & Vidarbha; at many places over Jammu & Kashmir, West Rajasthan, West Madhya Pradesh & Gujarat state; at a few places over Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana and Madhya Maharashtra; at isolated places over Marathawada. They are above normal by 24 °C at most places over Coastal Andhra Pradesh & Rayalaseema; at many places over South Interior Karnataka, Kerala & Tamilnadu; at a few places over northeastern States, Konkan & Goa, Coastal Karnataka & Odisha; at isolated places over Chhattisgarh and West Bengal & Sikkim and near normal over rest part of the country.
- Kalpana-1: Cloud imagery of 0830 hours IST shows convective clouds over some parts of south Tamilnadu, Kerala, south Bay of Bengal, south Andaman sea, south Arabian sea and Comorin area. Low/medium clouds are seen over parts of east India, northeastern State and peninsular India.
Weather Forecast for next 3 days (upto 0830 hours IST of 20th December, 2014)
- Minimum temperatures would fall by 12 °C over east India during next 3 days.
- Fog would occur at some places over Punjab, Haryana & Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar SubHimalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Assam & Meghalaya and Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura during next 3 days.
- Latest available satellite picture (Fig.1) indicates the current cloud condition across Indian region.
- The climate outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 17th to 25th December 2014 (Fig.2). Rain/snow would occur over Western Himalayan Region, Punjab, Haryana & Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Madhya Maharashtra, North-eastern states, peninsular India and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Weather Outlook for subsequent 4 days from 20th to 24th December 2014
- Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over south peninsular India and Andaman & Nicobar Islands and at isolated places over Lakshadweep.
- An another fresh western disturbance would affect western Himalayan region from 21st December.
- Weather would be dry over rest of the country.
- Light fog and dry weather prevailed in Western part of Uttar Pradesh state during past few days. Maximum temperature is near normal and minimum temperatures are 1.0 to 2.0°C below normal. Agricultural operations like sowing, irrigation in wheat, barley, gram, pea, lentil and toria. Spraying insecticide in pigeon pea and weeding and thinning in mustard crops are in progress. Wheat and barley are at emergence to CRI stage, toria is in flowering to padding stage, gram, pea, is in emergence to vegetative stage, pigeon pea is in branching stage, mustard is in emergence to vegetative stage and vegetables are at transplanting to flowering/ fruiting stage. No major pests and diseases were noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in West Bengal state during past few days. Maximum temperature ranged from 24.8 to 31.5°C and minimum temperature ranged from 12.2 to 15.5°C. Agricultural operations like thrashing of kharif rice, intercultural operations as well as harvesting vegetables like chilli, brinjal, tomato, okra, bitter gourd, cucumber and other gourds, intercultural operation (weeding, earthing up) as well as harvesting of sugarcane, intercultural operations in cow pea, mustard and potato. Land preparation and seed sowing of coriander, planting of banana and seedbed preparation for boro rice crops are in progress. Vegetables and all gourds are at vegetative to fruiting stage, cabbage & cauliflower are in vegetative stage, sugarcane is in grand growth and maturity stage, banana is in vegetative stage, cowpea is in flowering to fruiting stage, mustard are in seedling stage and potato is in sprout development to vegetative stage. Moderate intensity of leaf curl in chilli crop was noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Haryana state during past few days. The maximum temperature during past few days ranged between 25.8 to 28.2°C and minimum temperature recorded ranged from 6.3 to 9.5°C. Agricultural operations like harvesting of rice, sowing of mustard and wheat, irrigation in wheat and mustard crops are in progress. Wheat, barley and mustard are in CRI stage, sugarcane is at maturing stage and rice is in harvesting stage. No pests and diseases were noticed.
(Source:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 18-12-2014 05:20 PM