Details of action taken by KVKs in Zone V to help the farmers in monsoon preparedness and contingency crop planning
Crop Advisories for Kharif-2014: State-wise Contingency Plan/Measures
Horticultural Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Livestock Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Advisories for Fisheries for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Farm Mechanization: Dos and Don'ts for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Significant weather observations
- Minimum temperatures has been observed less than 10°C at many places over Punjab, Haryana; at a few places over East Madhya Pradesh and at isolated places over Uttar Pradesh, north Rajasthan, north Chhattisgarh, Odisha and east Tamilnadu.
- Fog/Shallow fog has occurred at isolated places over Punjab, Odisha and south Madhya Maharashtra during morning hours.
Main Weather Observations
- Rain/thundershowers have occurred at a few places over Tamilnadu and Andaman & Nicobar Islands and at isolated places over Assam &Meghalaya, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Rayalaseema and Kerala. Weather remained dry over rest parts of the country.
- The amount of rainfall (in cm) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today is Carnicobar- 4; Pamban -03andKaraikal & Nancowry-2each.
- Minimum temperatures are below normal by 2-4°C at most places over East Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Gangetic West Bengal, Odisha and Chhattisgarh; at many places over Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, East Madhya Pradesh and Vidarbha; at a few places over West Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, West Madhya Pradesh and Marathwada; at isolated places over Telangana. They are above normal by 2-4°C at most places over Saurashtra & Kutch; at many places over Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Konkan & Goa; at a few places over Assam & Meghalaya, Gujarat region and Madhya Maharashtra; at isolated places over Tamilnadu and near normal over rest of the country.
- Kalpana-1: Cloud imagery of 0830 hours IST shows convective clouds over north Jammu & Kashmir, Kerala, south Arabian Sea, Comorin area, south Bay of Bengal and south Andaman Sea. Low/medium clouds are seen over rest Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, northeastern states, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat state and peninsular India.
Weather Forecast for next 3 days (upto 0830 hours IST of 23rd November, 2014)
- No significant change in minimum temperatures over northwest and adjoining central India during next 2-3days.
- Fog/shallow fog would occur at isolated places over Punjab during next 2 days.
- Latest available satellite picture (Fig.1) indicates the current cloud condition across Indian region.
- The climate outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 20th to 28th November 2014 (Fig.2). Rain/thundershowers would occur over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam & Meghalaya, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and extreme south peninsular India.
Weather Outlook for subsequent 4 days from 23rd to 27th November 2014
- Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Andaman & Nicobar Islands and extreme south peninsular India.
- Rain/thundershowers would occur at isolated places over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam & Meghalaya and rest south peninsular India.
- A fresh western disturbance would affect western Himalayan region from 24th onwards.
- Weather would be dry over rest of the country.
- Isolated rainfall occurred over Tamil Nadu state during past few days. The maximum temperature was normal and minimum temperature was also below normal at few places and remains normal. Agricultural operations like weeding, spraying of pesticides and fertilizer applications are in progress. Low to moderate intensity of eriophyid mite, rhinoceros beetle, wilt & red palm weevil in coconut, fruit borer in tomato and sucking pests in cotton was noticed.
- Light rainfall received in isolated places in Northern Karnataka region of Karnataka state during past few days. Agricultural operations like intercultivation in chickpea, safflower, sorghum plant protection in pigeonpea, onion, sunflower and horticultural crops are in progress. Low intensity of sucking pests in cotton, leaf eating caterpillar in sunflower and pod borer in pigeon pea crops was noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Haryana state during past few days. The maximum temperature ranged between 28.2 to 30.9°C and minimum temperature recorded ranged from 8.6 to 19.5°C. Agricultural operations like picking of cotton, harvesting of rice, field preparation for sowing of mustard and wheat and gap filling in germinated mustard is in progress. No pests and diseases were noticed.
(Source:Email: email@example.com, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 20-11-2014 06:08 PM