Details of action taken by KVKs in Zone V to help the farmers in monsoon preparedness and contingency crop planning
Crop Advisories for Kharif-2014: State-wise Contingency Plan/Measures
Horticultural Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Livestock Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Advisories for Fisheries for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Farm Mechanization: Dos and Don'ts for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Significant weather observations
- Heavy rain(> 7 cm) has occurred over Katra, Karnal, Solan, Banihal, Amritsar and Delhi (Ridge), Batote, Jammu, Ambala, Kalpa, Shimla (A/P) & Dehradun during past 24 hours ending at 0830 hours IST of today.
- Thunderstorms have been observed at isolated places over Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Vidarbha and Gujarat during past 24 hours.
Main Weather Observations
- Rain/snow has occurred at most places over Jammu& Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Rain/thundershowers has occurred at most places over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh & Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, East Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Vidharbha, Maharashtra and Telangana; at many places over West Madhya Pradesh; at a few places over Gujarat state and at isolated places over Sub Himalayan west Bengal & Sikkim, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Rayalaseema, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamilnadu & Puducherry and weather remained dry over rest of the country.
- The amounts of rainfall (5 or more) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today are: Katra-13; Karnal-10; Solan-9; Banihal, Amritsar and Delhi (Ridge)-8each; Batote, Jammu, Ambala, Kalpa, Shimla (A/P) & Dehradun- 7each; Baderwah, Qazigund, Patiala, Chandigarh, Delhi (PLM/SFD), Tehri, Mukteshwar & Malanjkhand-6each and Manali, Brahmapuri, Yeotmal, Chandrapur & Kanpur-5each.
- Minimum temperatures are below normal by 2-5°C at many places over Saurashtra & Kutch; at a few places over Jammu &Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, West Rajasthan, Gujarat region, Vidharbha and Southwest Madhya Pradesh and at isolated places over Madhya Maharashtra & Marathawada . They are above normal by 2-4°C at most places over Haryana, West Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Gangetic West Bengal and northeastern states; at many places over Punjab, East Uttar Pradesh, East Madhya Pradesh, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Rayalaseema & Tamilnadu; at a few places over Andaman & Nicobar Islands and at isolated places over Uttarakhand, Northwest Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, South Interior Karnataka and Kerala and near normal over rest of the country.
- Kalpana-1: Cloud imagery of 0830 hours IST shows convective clouds over most parts of western Himalayan region, and some parts of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar & Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim. Low/medium clouds are seen over rest parts of the country outside Saurashtra & Kutch.
Weather Forecast for next 5 days (upto 0830 hours IST of 7th March, 2015)
- No significant change in minimum temperatures during next 3 days and maximum temperatures would fall by 2-4°C over northwest, west and central India during next 24 hours.
- Latest available satellite picture (Fig.1) indicates the current cloud condition across Indian region.
- The climate outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 2nd to 10th March 2015 (Fig.2). Rain/thundershowers would occur over western Himalayan region, plains of northwest, central India, northeastern states and peninsular India.
Weather Outlook for subsequent 2 days from 7th to 9th March 2015
- Fairly widespread Precipitation would occur over western Himalayan region.
- Isolated rain/thunderstorm likely over plains of northwest and central India from 7th onwards.
- Rain / thunderstorm activity would occur at a few places over northeastern states.
- Isolated rain/thunderstorm would also occur over peninsular India.
- Dry weather observed in Gujarat state during past few days. The maximum temperature is 1.5°C higher than the normal and minimum temperature is 0.3°C higher than the normal temperature. Agricultural operations like sowing of summer okra, harvesting of early sown wheat crop and harvesting of mustard crops are in progress. No pests and diseases were noticed.
- Light rainfall received in Haryana state during past few days. The maximum temperature during the week ranged between 24.0 to 27.0°C and minimum temperature recorded ranged from 11.8 to 17.0°C. Agricultural operations like field preparation for planting of sugarcane, multicut in fodder, irrigation in wheat and barley, control measures in pea, gram, mustard and wheat, picking of vegetables and field preparation for summer vegetables crops are in progress. Low intensity of aphids in wheat and mustard crops was noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Eastern Uttar Pradesh state during past few days. Agricultural operations like irrigation in wheat, onion, digging of potato, intercultural operations in onion and other vegetable crops are in progress. No major pests and diseases were noticed
(Source:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 02-03-2015 05:55 PM