Significant weather observations (IMD)
- Dense fog has observed at isolated places over Gangetic West Bengal; Shallow to moderate fog has observed at isolated places over Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, Assam and Tripura during morning hours of today.
- The images showing the latest satellite picture in figure. 1.
Main Weather Observations (IMD)
- Rain/snow has occurred at most places over Jammu & Kashmir; at many places over Himachal Pradesh. Rain has occurred at many places over Kerala, Arunachal Pradesh and at isolated places over Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Chhattisgarh, Assam & Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura and weather remained dry over rest of the country.
- Minimum temperatures are markedly above normal (5.0°C or more) at isolated places over Vidarbha and Telangana; appreciably above normal (3.1°C to 5.0°C) at many places over Marathawada, rest Telangana and coastal Odisha; at isolated places over Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh & Delhi, Saurashtra & Kutch, East Madhya Pradesh, Gangetic West Bengal and northeastern states; above normal (1.6 to 3.0°C) at most places over coastal Karnataka; at a few places over Kerala, Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Rayalaseema; at isolated places over Konkan & Goa. They are below normal (1.6°C to 3.0°C) at isolated places over Uttar Pradesh and near normal over rest of the country.
- The lowest minimum temperature of 7.6°C has recorded at Fursatgunj (Uttar Pradesh) over the plains of the country.
Weather warning during next 5 days (IMD)
- 11 February (Day 1):Heavy rain/snow likely at isolated places over Jammu & Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh. Hailstorm likely over at isolated places over Punjab.
- 12,13,14 and 15 February (Day 2): No weather warning.
- The weather outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 11 to 18 February 2016 forecasted (Provided by Real-Time Weather Forecasts from NOAA/NCEP collected from ttp://monsoondata.org/wx2/) rain/thundershower would occur over western Himalayan and northeastern states. (Fig. 2).
Agricultural activities (AICRPAM-CRIDA)
Dry weather prevailed in Chhattisgarh state during past few days.
- Wheat: Looking into the present environment temperature, coolness in the atmosphere should be maintained by sprinkling method. For control of broad leaved weeds in wheat crop at 20-25 days old age crop, Metasulfuron should be sprayed @ 8 gms. Per acre or 500 grams 2,4-D mixed in 200 liter of water can be sprayed. Application of first irrigation in 21 days old wheat crop at CRI stage must be done.
- Oilseed & Pulses: Nipping should be done in 40-45 days crop of gram. On avability of irrigation water, light irrigation should be given. Looking into continuous cloudy weather there is chance of aphid attack in oilseed, pulses and vegetables. Therefore, farmers are advised to do continuous monitoring and spray neem based pesticides when initial outbreak is shown.
- Chick pea: Looking to the weather condition there is possibility of infestation of pod borer in chick- pea. Hand picking should be done for control. To increase birds activity, T or Y shaped woods should be installed @ 20-25 Nos/ ha in different places of field. To monitor adult insect use Pheromone trap @2 Nos/acre. On the basis of adult catch of insects, NPV insecticide should be sprayed @ 250 LE per hectare. 5. For control of bacterial wilt in chick pea irrigation should be avoided in the field for few days. For control of pod borer in pigeon pea, spray Indoxacarb @300 gram/ha. dissolved in 500 liter water.
- Vegetables: Spynoshed @60 ml per hectare should be sprayed in field-pea crop upon high incidence of insect pests. The vegetable which are transplanted in last month should be given nitrogenous fertilizers after intercultural operation.
- Fruit : Flowering in mango crop has started upon 50% flowering, irrigation should be given strictly at 15 days or more interval. Continuousirrigation results in conservation of flower into leaves. To avoid fruit shed, Planofix shouldbe sprayed as foliar spray@1 m.l per liter. Pruning of the old and disease infected branches of the mango plant should be done. Pomegranate, Phalsa, Aonla and Ber fruits plant should be protected from insect- pest by spraying of recommended insecticides. In the fruits plants from prevention of fruit fly Malathion insecticide mixed with jaggery and this should be kept hanging in open pot throughout the orchard.
- Animal husbandry: For maximum milk production, milch cattle should be given mineral .mixture @.25-30 grams and 50 gram salt. 2. If calf has turned very week and hair are falling, thenthis might bedue to deficiency of vitamin ?A? Therefore injection should be given of vitamin A. In case of skin disease affected parts of animals should be cleaned by cotton, Himex ointment should be used. For feeding of animals with good nutritional quality fodder, should be crop cutting done before flowering.
- If windows are not installed in the cattle and poultry house hang gunny bags to prevent cold air. Feed the cattle dried fodder chaff cutting mixed with legume fodder such as Berseem, Lucerne etc.
(Source:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 11-02-2016 05:35 PM
Weather Based Agro Advisory 2014