Details of action taken by KVKs in Zone V to help the farmers in monsoon preparedness and contingency crop planning
Crop Advisories for Kharif-2014: State-wise Contingency Plan/Measures
Horticultural Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Livestock Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Advisories for Fisheries for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Farm Mechanization: Dos and Don'ts for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Significant weather observations
- Dense/very dense fog has been observed at isolated places over Punjab, Delhi, Rajasthan, East Uttar Pradesh, SubHimalayan West Bengal and north Madhya Pradesh in morning hours of today. The visibility recorded 50m or less are: Amritsar, Bhuntar, Ganganagar, Delhi(Palam), Sultanpur, Varanasi, Bhopal, Damoh, Tikamgarh, Kalimpong, Kota, Ujjain, Shajapur and Rewa.
- Cold wave conditions are prevailing over isolated pockets of Gujarat state.
Main Weather Observations
- Rain/snow has occurred at a few places over Himachal Pradesh and at isolated places over Uttarakhand. Rain/thundershowers has occurred at a few places over East Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, south Karnataka, Lakshadweep and coastal Tamilnadu; at isolated places over Jharkhand, south Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Weather remained dry over rest of the country.
- The amounts of rainfall (1 cm or more) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today are: Daltonganj and Mukteshwar3 each; Mangalore2; Kalpa, Ambikapur, Minicoy, Parangipettai,Carnicobar and Noncowry1 each.
- Minimum temperatures are below normal by 24 °C at many places over Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and Gujarat and at a few places over West Madhya Pradesh and at isolated places over Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand and Maharashtra.They are above normal by 25 °C at many places over northeastern states, West Bengal & Sikkim, Bihar, Jharkhand, peninsular India and near normal over rest part of the country. The lowest minimum temperature of 3.0 °C has been recorded at Amritsar (Punjab) in the plains of the country.
- Kalpana-1: Cloud imagery of 0830 hours IST shows convective clouds over some parts of south & central Bay of Bengal, south Arabian sea and Comorin area. Low/medium clouds are seen over rest of the country outside Punjab, Haryana & Delhi, West Uttar Pradesh, West Rajasthan and Gujarat.
Weather Forecast for next 3 days (upto 0830 hours IST of 19th December, 2014)
- Minimum temperatures would fall by 12 °C over many parts of northwest, central and east India during next 3 days.
- Fog would occur at some places over Punjab, Haryana & Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar SubHimalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Assam & Meghalaya and Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura during next 3 days.
- Latest available satellite picture (Fig.1) indicates the current cloud condition across Indian region.
- The climate outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 16th to 24th December 2014 (Fig.2). Rain/snow would occur over Western Himalayan Region, Punjab, Haryana & Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Madhya Maharashtra, North-eastern states, peninsular India and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Weather Outlook for subsequent 4 days from 19th to 23rd December 2014
- Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over south peninsular India and Andaman & Nicobar Islands and at isolated places over Lakshadweep.
- An another fresh western disturbance would affect western Himalayan region from 21st December.
- Weather would be dry over rest of the country.
- Dry weather prevailed in Southern Karnataka region of Karnataka state during past few days. Sowing status (area in lakh ha.) total cereals: 14.65, total pulses: 9.96 total food grains: 24.61, total oil seeds: 4.43 & grand total: 31.12, an area of 24.96 lakh ha. Agricultural operations like spraying in redgram are in progress. Ragi and redgram are in reproductive stage. Low intensity of stem borer ragi pod borer redgram crops was noticed. Dry weather prevailed in Southern Karnataka region of Karnataka state during past few days. Low night temperatures in the range of 10.5 to 12.6°C prevailed till 8th December, it increased to 14.6°C on 9th December. Agricultural operations like hand weeding, intercultivation and plant protection in safflower, chickpea, pigeonpea & sunflower and picking of cotton crops are in progress. Cotton is in boll bursting stag, sunflower is in flowering to grain filling stage, pigeonpea is in pod development to maturity stage, chickpea is in flowering to pod formation stage and safflower is in branching to flowering stage. Low intensity of downey mildew in sunflower, pod borer in chickpea and pod borer in pigeonpea crops was noticed.
- Light rainfall occurred over Tamil Nadu state during past few days. The maximum temperature was below normal at few places and minimum temperature was below normal at some places and remains normal over rest of the places. Agricultural operations like weeding, top dressing and spraying of pesticides and fertilizer applications are in progress. Paddy is in reproductive stage, banana is in fruit development to maturity stage, vegetables is in fruiting stage, sorghum and cumbu are in early reproductive stage, pulses are in reproductive stage and maize are in reproductive stage. Low to moderate intensity of eriophyid mite, rhinoceros beetle, wilt & red palm weevil in coconut, thrips in chilli, fruit borer in tomato, sucking pests in cotton and leaf spot & leaf feeding caterpillar in blackgram and greengram crops was noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Kerala state during past few days. Agricultural operations like weeding, manuring and irrigation plantations, mulching in coconut, arecanut and pepper plants are in progress. Second paddy crop is in panicle stage and vegetables are in various stages. Moderate intensity of red palm weevil in coconut, sigatoka in banana, fungal disease in rubber, sheath blight & leaf folder in paddy, wilt in black pepper and mahali disease in arecanut was noticed.
(Source:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 16-12-2014 05:40 PM