Advisory for Kharif 2014 (1-7 Sept. 2014)
Details of action taken by KVKs in Zone V to help the farmers in monsoon preparedness and contingency crop planning
Crop Advisories for Kharif-2014: State-wise Contingency Plan/Measures
Horticultural Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Livestock Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Advisories for Fisheries for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Farm Mechanization: Dos and Don'ts for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
- The southwest monsoon has been active over Coastal Karnataka.
Main Weather Observations
- Rain/thundershowers occurred at most places over Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Kerala and Coastal Karnataka; at many places over East Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal & Sikkim, Andhra Pradesh and South Interior Karnataka; at a few places over Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, East Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat Region, Assam & Meghalaya, Odisha, Maharashtra, North Interior Karnataka and Tamilnadu, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura; at Isolated places over Uttarakhand, Punjab & Haryana, Chhattisgarh and Konkan & Goa. Weather remained mainly dry / dry over rest parts of the country.
- The amounts of rainfall (2 cm or more) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today are: Jagdalpur and Balurghat-6 each; Mangalore, Punalur, Chaparmukh, Bajpe and Diamond Harbour-5 each; Amritsar and Mysore-4 each; Akola, Keonjhargarh, Churu, Kodaikanal, Kavali, Kurnool, Vellore, Goalpara, Angul, Noncowry, Kohima, Malda, Agumbe and Gaya-3 each; Ludhiana, Nizamabad, Guna, Sagar, Jalpaiguri, Bahraich, Mangalore, Tiruttani, Cannur, Valparai, Kozhikode, Dhubri, Long Islands, Amreli, Bidar, Madikeri, Vellanikkara and Canning-2each.
- The minimum temperatures are above normal by 2-4°C at many places over East Rajasthan; at a few places over West Madhya Pradesh & Marathwada and at isolated places over Gangetic West Bengal & Sikkim and Assam & Meghalaya. They are below normal by 2-5°C at most places over Himachal Pradesh, Haryana & Delhi; at many places over Jammu & Kashmir; at a few places over Uttar Pradesh, Odisha & Vidarbha and at isolated places over Tamilnadu and near normal over rest parts of the country.
- Kalpana-1: Cloud imagery of 0830 hours IST of today shows convective clouds over some parts of East Uttar Pradesh, Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Assam & Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Bay of Bengal and south Andaman Sea. Low/medium clouds are seen over rest parts of the country.
Weather Forecast for next 3 days (upto 0830 hours IST of 18th September, 2014)
- Latest available satellite picture (Fig.1) indicates the current cloud condition across Indian region.
- The climate outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 15th to 23rd September 2014 (Fig.2). Heavy rainfall would occur over Sub Himalaya West Bengal & Sikkim Jharkhand, Odisha, coastal Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Coastal Karnataka and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Weather Warning during next 3 days
- 15 September (Day 1): Heavy rainfall would occur at isolated places over Odisha, Jharkhand, coastal Andhra Pradesh, Coastal Karnataka and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- 16 September (Day 2): Heavy rainfall would occur at isolated places over Odisha, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Coastal Karnataka, Telangana and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- 17 September (Day 3): Heavy rainfall would occur at isolated places over Sub Himalaya West Bengal & Sikkim and Telangana
- Dry weather prevailed in Maharashtra region of Maharashtra state during past few days. Agricultural operations like field preparation for rabi season, application of organic manures, need based plant protection in sunflower, soybean, pearl millet, red gram and castor crop. Conservation furrows are being opened after 3 or 6 rows of crops to facilitate drainage of excess water into the drainage channels. Measures are being undertaken to avoid water logging during heavy rains in prone fields and also for run-off water harvesting, pests control in kharif crops, vegetable crops, earthing and tying of sugarcane are in progress. Low intensity of leaf eating caterpillar in sunflower & soybean, rust in soybean and mites in cucurbits crops was noticed.
- Light rainfall received in Bihar state during past few days. Maximum and minimum temperatures are ranged from 32.6 to 34.9°C and the minimum from 25.1 to 26.8°C, respectively. Agricultural operations like sowing of September pigeon pea, vegetables like: brinjal, cauliflower, radish, weeding in the transplanted paddy crop, application of urea + zinc, field preparation and sowing of arhar crops are in progress. Moderate intensity of khaira in rice crop was noticed.
- Light rainfall received in Western part of Uttar Pradesh state during past few days. Maximum temperature and minimum temperatures are above normal by 1.0 to 2.0°C. Agricultural operations like weeding and top dressing in paddy, maize, sorghum, pigeonpea, black gram, green gram and groundnut, plucking brinjal / chillies and spray insecticide in leafy vegetables crops are in progress. Low to moderate intensity of shoot borer in maize and sorghum crops was noticed.
(Source:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 15-09-2014 05:30 PM