Significant weather observations (IMD)
- Heavy to very heavy rain occurred at isolated places over Tamilnadu & Pudducherry and heavy rain occurred at isolated places over Lakshadweep area between 0830 hours IST of yesterday to 0830 hours IST of today.
- Shallow to moderate fog occurred at isolated pockets of Punjab, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Tripura during morning hours of today.
- The images showing the latest satellite picture in figure. 1.
Main Weather Observations (IMD)
- Rain/thundershowers has occurred at most places over Lakshadweep area, Kerala and Andaman & Nicobar Islands; at many places over Tamilnadu & Pudducherry, South Interior Karnataka, Rayalaseema and Coastal Karnataka; at a few places over Madhya Maharashtra and at isolated places over Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Konkan & Goa and West Uttar Pradesh.
- Minimum temperatures are above normal by 5-8°C at a few places over West Rajasthan, West Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Maharashtra, Marathawada and Vidarbha. They are above normal by 2-4°C at most places over Konkan & Goa, North Interior Karnataka and Coastal Karnataka; at many place over East Rajasthan, Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Telangana, Rayalaseema, South Interior Karnataka; at a few places over rest Madhya Pradesh, rest Rajasthan, rest Gujarat, rest Madhya Maharashtra and rest Marathawada, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Tamilnadu; at isolated places over Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand & Kerala.
Weather Warning during next 5 days (IMD)
- 24 November (Day 1): Heavy rain would occur at isolated places over south Coastal Tamilnadu & Pudducherry and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- 25 November (Day 2): Heavy rain would occur at isolated places over Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- 26 November (Day 3): No weather warning.
- 27 November (Day 4): Heavy rain would occur at isolated places over coastal Tamilnadu & Pudducherry.
- 28 November (Day 5): Heavy to very heavy rain would occur at isolated places over Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Tamilnadu & Pudducherry.
- The weather outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 24 November to 2 December 2015 forecasted (Provided by Real-Time Weather Forecasts from NOAA/NCEP collected from http://monsoondata.org/wx2/) heavy rainfall over south peninsular India, western Himalayan region and North eastern states (Fig. 2).
Agricultural activities (AICRPAM-CRIDA)
North -East monsoon rainfall in Karnataka state normal is 174 actual is 170 and -2 departure during 1 Oct to 24 November 2015.
Contingency measure for South Karnataka
- Drain out the excess water in crop field.
- During this week also the following crops are suggested for sowing of medium to short duration varieties. Bengal gram: JJ-11, KAK-2 and Vishal. Field bean: HA-3 and HA-4 and Horse gram: KBH-1 and PHG-9
- Horticulture crop: Avoid irrigation and spraying of chemicals during this week.
- Animal husbandry: Care should be taken against the decrease in day temperature for silk worm and poultry and dairy rearing houses by maintaining optimum room temperature and hygiene condition.
Contingency measure for North Karnataka
- Sowing of following crops can be taken up immediately. Select short duration, drought resistant crops and variety. Sowing of intercropping systems, Rabi sorghum + Chickpea (2: row proportion); Chickpea + Safflower ( 4:2 row proportion) may be taken up.
- Thin out excess and weak seedlings in a row or remove alternate row in case of moisture stress. take up repeated intercultivation and earth up the rows.
Horticultural crops : Citrus: To manage leaf minor, take up spraying of 0.3 ml Indaxicarb or 0.2 gram Emamectin Benzoate, dissolved in one loiter of water. Remove the dried branches and take up spraying of 1 per cent Boraux mixture.
(Source:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 24-11-2015 05:45 PM
Weather Based Agro Advisory 2014