Details of action taken by KVKs in Zone V to help the farmers in monsoon preparedness and contingency crop planning
Crop Advisories for Kharif-2014: State-wise Contingency Plan/Measures
Horticultural Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Livestock Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Advisories for Fisheries for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Farm Mechanization: Dos and Don'ts for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Significant weather observations
- Dense/very dense fog has observed at a few places over Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana & Delhi, north Rajasthan, north Madhya Pradesh, Assam & Meghalaya and Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim. The visibility (50 m or less) has been recorded at 0830 hours IST of today: Pant Nagar, Baharaich, Jalpaiguri, Cooch Behar, Churu, Pilani, Jaisalmer and Datia.
- Cold wave conditions are prevailing at isolated places over Punjab and Rajasthan.
- Yesterday cold day conditions prevailed at isolated places over Punjab, northwest Rajasthan, Haryana and East Madhya Pradesh.
Main Weather Observations
- Light rain/snow has occurred at many places over Himachal Pradesh; at a few places over Jammu & Kashmir and at isolated places over Uttarakhand. Rain/thunder shower has occurred at a few places over East Madhya Pradesh and Bihar; at isolated places over East Uttar Pradesh, Tamilnadu and Lakshadweep. Weather remained dry over rest of the country. Amount of rainfall (in cm) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today are; Varanasi and Satna-1each.
- Minimum temperatures are below normal by 2 to 5.0°C at many places over Rajasthan and Saurashtra & Kutch; at a few places over Jammu & Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh and at isolated places over Punjab, West Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Interior Karnataka and Konkan & Goa. They are above normal by 24°C at many places over Bihar, Jharkhand, Gangetic West Bengal, East Madhya Pradesh, Madhya Maharashtra, Rayalaseema and Tamilnadu; at a few places over East Uttar Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam & Meghalaya; at isolated places over Odisha & Kerala and nearly normal over rest of the country.
- The lowest minimum temperature of 1.0°C recorded at Amritsar (Punjab) in plains of the country.
- Kalpana-1: Cloud imagery of 0830 hours IST shows convective clouds over some parts of Jammu & Kashmir, south Arabian Sea and south Bay of Bengal. Low/medium clouds are seen over rest of the country outside Gujarat and North Interior Karnataka.
Weather Forecast for next 3 days (upto 0830 hours IST of 31st January, 2015)
- Fog would continue to occur at a few places over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh & Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, north Rajasthan, north Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Assam & Meghalaya and Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura during next 2 days.
- Minimum temperatures would fall by 2-3°C over east India from 30th onwards.
- Latest available satellite picture (Fig.1) indicates the current cloud condition across Indian region.
- The climate outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 28th January to 5th February 2015 (Fig.2). Rain/thundershowers would occur Western Himalayan region, south Haryana, Delhi, West Uttar Pradesh, East Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Vidarbha.
Weather Outlook for subsequent 4 days from 31st January 2015 to 04th February 2015
- A fresh Western Disturbance is likely to affect Western Himalayan region from 1st February.
- Rain/ thundershowers would occur at isolated places over south Haryana & Delhi, West Uttar Pradesh, East Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Vidarbha from 2nd February.
- Weather would be dry over rest of the country.
- Dry weather prevailed in West Bengal state during past few days. Maximum temperature ranged from 23.0 to 27.7°C and minimum temperature ranged from 8.5 to 11.5°C. Agricultural operations like intercultural operation in seed bed of boro rice, FYM application and main field preparation for vegetables like brinjal, tomato, okra, bitter gourd, cucumber, intercultural operations as well as harvesting of chilli, other gourds, sugarcane, cow pea, mustard, potato, lentil, bengal gram and banana and land preparation and seed sowing onion and coriander crops in progress. Low intensity of stem rot in potato crop was noticed.
- Dry and cool weather prevailed in Madhya Pradesh state during past few days. Maximum temperature decreased 1.0 to 2.0°C while minimum temperature also decreased 1.0 to 5.0°C from normal. Agricultural operations like weeding, thinning and irrigation in wheat and chickpea crops are in progress. No major pests and diseases were noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Marathwada region of Maharashtra state during past few days. Agricultural operations like picking of cotton and harvesting of soya bean crops are in progress. No major pests and diseases were noticed.
(Source:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 28-01-2015 06:05 PM