Details of action taken by KVKs in Zone V to help the farmers in monsoon preparedness and contingency crop planning
Crop Advisories for Kharif-2014: State-wise Contingency Plan/Measures
Horticultural Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Livestock Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Advisories for Fisheries for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Farm Mechanization: Dos and Don'ts for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Significant weather observations
- Dense fog has occurred at isolated places over Tripura and shallow fog occurred at isolated places over Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab and East Uttar Pradesh during morning hours.
Main Weather Observations
- Rainfall: (From 0830 hours IST of yesterday to 0830 hours IST of today): Rain/thundershowers has occurred at many places over Lakshadweep; at a few places over Kerala; at isolated places over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Coastal Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Weather remained dry over rest parts of the country.
- The amount of rainfall (1 cm or more) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today are: Cochin (Nedumbassery)-7; Cannur-4; Kochin (Willingdon), Pamban and Passighat-2 each; Mangalore, Majbat and Agathi-1each.
- Minimum temperatures are below normal by 2-5°C at most places over Jharkhand; at many places over East Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Gangetic West Bengal, Odisha and Tripura; at a few places over Jammu& Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh; at isolated places over Punjab, Haryana & Delhi, East Madhya Pradesh, Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Assam & Meghalaya and North Interior Karnataka. They are above normal by 2-4°C at isolated places over south Rajasthan, Gujarat State, West Madhya Pradesh and Madhya Maharashtra and near normal over rest of the country. The Lowest minimum temperature of 4.3°C recorded at Muzaffarnagar (Uttar Pradesh) in plains of the country.
- Kalpana-1: Cloud imagery of 0830 hours IST shows convective clouds over some parts of Kerala, Tamilnadu, south Arabian Sea, Comorin area, south Bay of Bengal and south Andaman Sea. Low/medium clouds are seen over Himachal Pradesh, northeastern states and peninsular India.
Weather Forecast for next 3 days (upto 0830 hours IST of 27thNovember, 2014)
- No significant change in minimum temperatures over northwest and adjoining central India during next 2-3days.
- Moderate fog likely over Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Assam & Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura during next 48 hours.
- Latest available satellite picture (Fig.1) indicates the current cloud condition across Indian region.
- The climate outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 24th November to 2nd December 2014 (Fig.2). Rain/thundershowers would occur over few places over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam & Meghalaya and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Weather Outlook for subsequent 4 days from 27th November 2014 to 1st December 2014
- Increase in rainfall activity over south peninsular India.
- Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- Rain/ thundershowers would occur at isolated places over Arunachal Pradesh and Assam & Meghalaya.
- Weather would be dry over rest of the country.
- Clear weather prevailed in Assam state during past few days. The daily average maximum temperature was 28.5°C which is 0.6°C above normal and the average daily minimum temperature was 17.5°C which is 1.8°C above normal. Agricultural operations like harvesting of matured and ripen sali rice, land preparation and sowing of rapeseed, mustard and potato crops are in progress. No major pests and diseases were noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Jharkhand state during past few days. Maximum temperature ranged from 27.4 to 29.7°C and minimum temperature ranged between 12.5 to 14.8°C, respectively. Agricultural operations like planting of potato, sowing of wheat, chickpea, radish, carrot and pea crops and harvesting of matured rice crops are in progress. No pests and diseases were noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Jharkhand state during past few days. Daily maximum and minimum temperatures are in the ranged between 24.6 to 28.4°C and 5.1 to 14.2°C respectively. Agricultural operations like land preparation for the sowing of pea, mustard, toria, potato, harvesting and threshing of paddy, green gram, black gram and groundnut crops are in progress. No pests and diseases were noticed.
(Source:Email: email@example.com, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 24-11-2014 06:08 PM