APPOINTMENT OF MEMBER, AGRICULTURAL SCIENTISTS’ RECRUITMENT BOARD (ASRB)
The ASRB is an independent recruiting agency setup with the approval of the Cabinet.
It is responsible for recruitment of posts in the Agricultural Research Service, Research Management Positions and to such other posts and services as the President of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) desires. It also screens Scientists of ICAR for promotion under the Career Advancement Scheme.
A Search Committee has been appointed by the Competent authority for preparing a panel of names for filling up of one position of Member, ASRB in the scale of Rs.24050-650-26000. Accordingly, the ICAR is in the process of preparation of a panel for the use of the Search Committee.
There are no specific recruitment rules for this position. In accordance with the convention, a Search Committee is constituted for recommending the names to the Union Agriculture Minister, who is also the President of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research Society.
An applicant for the post of Member should preferably be an Eminent Scientist with area of specialization in Animal / Agricultural Engineering, Land & Water Resources / Social Sciences etc. A Member shall hold office for a term of 6 years from the date he enters upon the office or until he attains the age of 65 years whichever is earlier. The candidate should ideally have the following attributes :-
- Record of successful administration and management of science preferably in the field of agriculture research at a higher level.
- Ability to communicate and inspire confidence among scientists and administrators.
- Impeccable record of integrity with ability to take a firm stand on principles.
- Capability to look at problems particularly in the field of recruitment with broader scientific perspective and vision.
- Modern and forward looking approach and outlook towards Agricultural Research in the global environment as also in the context of Government’s policy.
Candidates fulfilling these attributes and desirous of being considered for this position may kindly send their CV particulars to Ms. Shashi Misra, IAS, Secretary, ICAR and Additional Secretary(DARE), Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi (Phone No. 23384450/E.Mail: sm [dot] icarnic [dot] in/ Fax : 91-11-23387293) before 28th February, 2005.