NATIONAL ACADEMY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
NASC, DPS Marg, New Delhi – 110012
Tel: (011) 25846051-52; Fax: (011) 25846054
Email: naasvsnl [dot] com ; Web site: www.naasindia.org
ACADEMY AWARDS FOR THE BIENNIUM 2009-2010
(Last date for receipt of Nominations is March 31, 2010)
The National Academy of Agricultural Sciences has instituted various Awards for recognizing significant contributions of senior, middle level and young scientists to promote agricultural research. These awards are presented biennially at the time of Agricultural Sciences Congress. Nominations for the under mentioned categories of Awards are invited for the year 2009-2010. Persons eligible to identify and nominate are the Fellows of NAAS/Previous Awardees; DG/DDGs/ADGs of ICAR; Secretaries of Scientific Departments (Science & Technology, Biotechnology, Earth Sciences, Space, Atomic Energy); Presidents of Science Academies; Directors/Joint Directors of ICAR Research Institutes/NRCs/Project Directorates; Heads of Institutions of CSIR, ICMR; Vice Chancellors/ Directors/Deans of SAUs/CAU; Chairman UGC, ASRB, BARC; Principal Scientific Advisors, GOI; Presidents of all Professional Societies in the field of Agriculture; Heads of CGIAR Centres; Chairman of NGOs engaged in R & D in Agriculture. Self nominations are not acceptable
These awards are for distinguished services to the cause of Indian Agriculture: Research, Education and Transfer of Technology. The Awardee’s contribution should have been recognized nationally / internationally and supported by significant publications. The Awardee shall be a distinguished Scientist above 55 years in age. The period of assessing the contributions shall be life time upto the year of nomination.
- Dr. B.P. Pal Memorial Award: This award is the apex award and given once in two years for singular outstanding contribution to overall agricultural research and development. The awardee can be from any branch of science relevant to agriculture. The award consists of a scroll, a gold plated silver medal and cash prize of Rs. 1.00 lakh.
- Dr. K. Ramiah Award: This award is given for outstanding contributions in Plant Improvement with reference to Genetics, Plant Breeding, Cytogenetics, Physiology, Biotechnology and Biochemistry, of Crops including, Fruits, Vegetables, Flowers, Medicinal Plants and Forest Plants.
- Dr. K.C. Mehta Award: This award is given for outstanding contributions in Plant Protection including Entomology, Plant Pathology, Nematology, Microbiology and Agrochemicals.
- Dr. M.S. Randhawa Award: This award is given for outstanding contributions in Agricultural Administration, Transfer of Technology and Social Sciences
- Dr. N.S. Randhawa Award: This award is given for outstanding contributions in Natural Resource Management including Soil Science, Water Management, Environmental Sciences, Agronomy, Meteorology and Agroforestry
- Dr. P. Bhattacharya Award: This award is given for outstanding contribution in Animal Sciences including Veterinary Science, Fishery and Aquatic Resources
The awards from Sl. No. 2 to 6 consist of a citation and gold plated silver medal
These awards are given for significant contributions to the advancement of knowledge/technologies in the relevant scientific disciplines of the particular area of agricultural sciences. The research contributions should be based on work carried out in India as evidenced by publications in scientific journals of repute/products and technologies developed. The period of assessing the contributions shall be upto the year of nomination. The awards shall be made to distinguished scientists, in the age group of 35-55 years, who are Fellows of the National Academy of Agricultural Sciences in the following areas:
- Plant Improvement with reference to genetics, plant breeding, cytogenetics, physiology, biotechnology and biochemistry, of crops including fruits, vegetables, flowers, medicinal plants and forest plants
- Plant Protection including entomology, plant pathology, nematology, microbiology and agro-chemicals
- Soil, Water and Environmental Sciences including Natural Resource Management, Soil Sciences, Water Management, Environmental Sciences, Agronomy, Meteorology and Agroforestry.
- Animal Sciences including Veterinary Science and Fishery and Aquatic Resources
- Agricultural Engineering including Farm machinery, Soil & Water Conservation Engineering, Energy Management, Post-harvest Technology, Food Technology and Dairy Processing
- Social Sciences including Statistics, Economics, Extension, Home Sciences, Nutrition, Research Management
Each award consists of a citation, a gold plated silver medal and cash prize of Rs. 50,000/-
The Endowment Awards are based on specific financial endowments made to the Academy either to perpetuate the memory of a distinguished agricultural scientist / person whose contributions / services to the cause of agricultural sciences / Indian agriculture made a distinct mark and should reflect the stature and dignity of the Academy.
The Academy instituted an Endowment Award in the name of Late Dr. L.C. Sikka, eminent scientist in the field of potato research and development in the country. The award will be given to an outstanding scientist for contributions towards ensuring food and nutritional security. The awardee can be from any branch of science relevant to agriculture. The award comprises a citation, a gold plated silver medal and cash prize of Rs. 25,000/-
YOUNG SCIENTISTS AWARDS
- The Young Scientists awards are initiated with primary objective of distinguishing young scientists of promise and creativity through their contributions to agricultural sciences after obtaining Ph.D. degree
- Scientists below the age of 35 years are eligible for this award
- There will be six awards, one in each area of agricultural sciences as given above for Recognition Awards
Each award will consist of a citation, a gold plated silver medal and a cash prize of Rs. 25,000/-
Note: Nomination Form may be sent duly completed in all respect to the
Executive Secretary, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences,
NASC, Dev Prakash Sastry Marg, New Delhi – 110 012
Proforma for nomination for Academy Awards – 2009-2010 Word Format PDF format
Guidelines for evaluation of nominations for academy awards