The Directorate of Knowledge Management in Agriculture is committed to promote ICT driven technology and information dissemination system for quick, effectual and cost-effective delivery of messages to all the stakeholders in agriculture. Keeping pace with the current knowledge diffusion trends, Directorate is delivering and showcasing ICAR technologies, policies and other activities through print, electronic and web mode. Directorate is the nodal center for design, maintenance and updating of ICAR website along with facilitation of network connectivity across ICAR institutes and KVKs. Besides, Directorate provides public relation and publicity support to the council and its constituents across the country.
- Dissemination and sharing of agricultural knowledge and information through value added information products in print, electronic and web mode.
- Development of e-resources on agricultural knowledge and information for global exposure.
- Facilitation for strengthening e-connectivity among ICAR institutes State Agricultural Universities and KVKs.
- Capacity building for agricultural knowledge management and communication.
Recent Catalogue of Publications
For details contact:
Directorate of Knowledge Management in Agriculture
Indian Council of Agricultural Research
Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-I, Pusa,
Tel: 011 25843657, Fax: 091 25841282
E-mail: bmicar [at] icar.org.in
- Publication of authoritative and benchmark publications under Handbook series- Handbook of Agriculture, Handbook of Horticulture, Handbook of Animal Husbandry and Handbook of Fisheries.
- Launched a series of agricultural popular books, Agri-Pop series for imparting knowledge at grass root level.
- Reoriented ICAR popular magazines to make demand -driven and competitive.
- Facilitating online access to 2000 journals from a single subscription in more than 123 libraries under cerra project of NAIP.
- The ICAR website was revamped to make it more user- friendly with links to related organizations and issuing weather based agro -advisories.
- National Agricultural Research Database was developed and bibliographic inputs were provided for inclusion in agris database (FAO).
- A Hub has been operationalized at ICAR Hq. for e-connectivity of 192 Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVK) and 8 Zonal Project Directorates (ZPD) in the country.
- A centralized and secure state-of-the-art datacenter is being established for providing e-mail and website hosting services for whole ICAR system
- A National Knowledge Network project of Government of India has provided link to 9 ICAR institutes/SAUs and rest of the institutes will be linked gradually to 100 mbps broadband.
- Established Video Conferencing and IP Telephony facility at 23 selected ICAR Institutes connected on ICAR-ERNET network.
- Under outreach programme, video films depicting successful technologies were produced and telecast over National and Lok Sabha channel. Dedicated radio (AIR) and television (Doordarshan) programmes on ICAR launched
- Facilitating organization of Media Meets at ICAR institutes.
- The monthly research journals, Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences and Indian Journal of Animal Sciences made available in open-access mode besides availability of in-house journals on ICAR website.
- Launched/co-operated NAIP sponsored projects for E-publishing of research of publications, standardization of websites of ICAR institutes, development of a digital Information dissemination system for ICAR and mobilization of mass media support for sharing agricultural knowledge .
- Capacity building of ICAR scientists for agricultural communication and knowledge management through training courses at Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi and Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow.